Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

WE PASSED!!!

I feel like screaming it from the top of my house!

I called AAI yesterday to see if they knew when our court date would be. The lady that I talked to told me that we had been court approved the day before.
What?!?

Here we were, thinking that we were still waiting to find out about our date...when we had already passed!

So as of Wednesday, Novemember 11th, 2009, our little girl "legally" became our little girl!

Yep. Pretty awesome. So now we can share her name...and photos of course!

Her name is Hiwot (pronouced Hay-wat). It means 'life'. I thought that was quite appropriate! Her full name will be Ellagrace Hiwot Dantzler. Boy, how I love writing that!

We will not be sharing the details of the life she has had thus far, as it is her story and we will allow her to share it if/when/and to whom she desires.

So now we are waiting for her embassy date in Ethiopia, which is when she will receive her travel visa and when we would be traveling (if we were going to travel). Hopefully this will all happen in the next 5 weeks. Since we have chosen to have her escorted, there will be another 5-7 week wait as we don't know what volunteers will be in Ethiopia and when they will be coming back to the states.

With our bundle of joy!

I'll share details as we know them.

But for now...



This is our most recent picture. We received it last Friday. I have many, many more. I will be working on a slideshow this weekend and will get it up ASAP. We do actually have one where she is smiling!

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soon you will be holding your little daughter in your arms, showering her with the love that will show on her precious face and in her big brown eyes. I can wait to see that baby smile! We love you all and are looking forward to the new addition to our family! Take care and God bless y'all.

Love,
MawMaw

her said...

I CAN'T WAIT! Thank you Bill n Shana for trusting God w/a huge chore! There is so many stories of how God worked all of this to His glory....Praise Him!

Sir and I have been delighted for so long and now we can announce it to the world!

Love Momma