Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 4 -- THE DAY

Wow is all I can say.

We are in complete shock here in DC. The feeling is like the one I had when we first got our referral back in September. I was excited but in complete and utter shock for about two weeks. Then the unabashed excitement kicked in. I am currently in the beginning of the two weeks of shock, I think!

Our meeting yesterday went better than I expected (the Lord is to be praised). After a few minutes in her stroller, Susan (her escort) picked her up and handed her to me just to see how she would respond. She was a bit hesitant, but was soon comfortable. Susan handed over her paperwork and after a few more minutes, said that everything looked great and that she was gonna leave. I thought, "that's it?"...yep!!

We walked over to where my Grandma was sitting, and then headed out of the airport. That was it. No ceremony, no forms to sign. Just hand her over and we were on our way!

Putting her in the carseat was a bit of a challenge, which I knew it would be. We got a movie started and soon she was distracted. She fell asleep about 10 minutes after we drove off.

Next stop? Walmart. Crazy, I know. Her diaper had leaked all over the place and she needed a new outfit. We also picked up some eggs and dinner for the rest of us.

Her dinner consisted of eggs, a banana, and water. She's a good eater...downed the banana in about 60 seconds flat.

Bedtime was smooth, too. She fell asleep in my arms and we put her in our bed at around 10pm, and we all slept until about 7 this morning. It was wonderful! I'm sure that we will have some trying nights ahead, but the first night was great!

We praise the Lord for bringing this amazing girl into our family! Can't believe she's here!!

6 comments:

The Roberson's said...

We are happy for you guys and glad everything has went well so far. We will pray that you have a safe ride home.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going well. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear how your
sight-seeing went today.

Love to all...
Kathy

Emily said...

Praise the Lord she is where she belongs!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!! Love you ALL!!

Erin said...

Such a tease... no pics?? :) Again, we are thrilled for you and praying for you all!

Wes said...

Oh, Shana, I am so happy for you. It is exciting to see it all happen through your blog, facebook, and pictures. Thanks for sharing! I will be praying for you all. Life with 4 is exciting! (This is Emily on Wes' account.)

her said...

watching the pics all over again. brought back that smile to my face. It was hard to take those pics when I wanted to touch her...but seeing this miraclethru theeyes of a lense was amazing...thanks for trusting me w/the pics. I love the family of 6 walking away. Much love, momma