Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Two months...

...waiting for our referral! Doesn't seem like it's been that long already, even though I know that 2 months is really nothing in the grand scheme of this whole process.

I got an e-newsletter from AAI today. There are about 63 babies or so in the orphanage there. An influx.

I couldn't help but wonder, "is one of those babies mine?"...

In reality, the answer is "probably not"...there's no telling how many AAI families are in line ahead of us.

Then it hit me. I am almost desperate to see her face.

This is the hardest part...the waiting.

Now don't get me wrong. I have plenty to keep me busy! And they're all under 45" tall!

Between homeschool, church, a few photo shoots here and there, spending time with my hubs, and trying to carve out time for myself when I can, there have been days that I hardly think about this process. And that's just the honest truth. Now that the paperwork is done, there's nothing staring us in the face on a daily basis.

So now here we are, two months into the wait and I get this e-newsletter, and I'm almost in tears because I am so ready for that phone call.

But since today is not the day, I will continue to wait for the day that He ordained for our family when the foundation of the world was laid.

And that's the only thing that keeps me together.

0 comments: