Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stinkin USCIS office...

I can't believe they don't have a phone number!

We were given the wrong address to file our I600A. I tracked it to Atlanta and it showed up as received. Turns out, it was received at the wrong address, but was handed back over to the postman to be returned to the sender. That would be me. I'm the sender.

That was last Friday. It's now Thursday and I still don't have my returned package yet. So needless to say, I called the bank yesterday and cancelled my $830 check. If someone stole my package, at least they can't cash the check now.

So one of two things has happened. Either (1) the envelope is on its way to my house OR (2) the nice postman delivered it to the correct address.

If it's the second option, when the USCIS office goes to cash the check, they won't be able to do so. Then I'll have to mail another check. Oy Vey...

If only there was a phone number so that I could call and actually talk to a human. That would be nice. After all, our tax dollars are paying these people. I should at least be able to get ahold of them.

In other news...our dossier was sent to the state department on Tuesday. That's the same day AAI received our paperwork in the mail. That's what I call a quick turnaround.

Our dossier will not be taking its trip to Ethiopia for another 2 weeks or so. That's okay though. I was just hoping for it to be on its way by the end of the month.

As long as things are progressing...

The USCIS office on the other hand...not so much.

0 comments: