Well...the end of the homestudy process anyway! This part has taken longer than we expected. Like 3 months longer. I received an email this afternoon from our new caseworker. Bless her heart...she has been so bogged down with extra homestudies that she shouldn't have had to mess with...but praise the Lord, she's about done with ours! So after several phone calls to the DFCS office (those people are near to impossible) and a couple of visits (to DFCS) for our last paper, the light is getting brighter!
Hi Shana,
I have the DFCS clearance! Technically this is supposed to come from the DFCS office fax (rather than the family) so I will need the original one by mail. Please put that in the mail today, ok?
I am not about to ask you to have them fax it to us again under the circumstances.
I am off the hook for jury duty today. My plan is to finish your homestudy tonite – but I may have a few questions so if you can, please check your email periodically. I will email you if I have any questions. So, look for a few emails from me and/or a draft copy to review.
As soon as the draft is approved by you, I will print several copies and get them in the mail to you. Please let me know if they need to be notarized. Assuming Im on jury duty tomorrow, that may be hard for me to take care of immediately, so just let me know.
Thanks!
S****
I never thought I would be so glad to see anything finished. Of course, this just means that we're on to the next step of waiting! But that's okay...one down, a few more to go!
We're coming sweet girl!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
The end is in sight!
Posted by About Us at 1:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
waiting w/patient breath!
Waiting for the paper party you will have as you prepare to send off your dois. papers.
Waiting for the exact time this 'little one' will be in my arms as DeeDee.
Waiting to see the faces of your 3 kid-os and knowing that they are experiencing answered prayer.
Waiting on the phone call that she is actually your's.
Waiting to see her picture for the first time.
REMEMBERING that none of this could be possible if GOD had not put this desire in your heart, sweet Shana!
Joy, Momma & Dad
as her DeeDee....sorry bout that!
Post a Comment